Readers today. Leaders tomorrow.
Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl (HRRB) is a state-wide reading initiative and quiz bowl-style competition that tests students’ knowledge of Georgia Book Award books.
The Cobb HRRB Steering Committee is a stand-alone, volunteer committee that runs the annual reading competition for Cobb County.
Our mission is to build a liflong love of reading in students. Program benefits for young learners include
- Improved cooperation and verbal communication skills
- Increased sense of community and team spirit
- Increased self-esteem
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved standardized test performance
- Improved vocabulary and reading comprehension
For more information on the history of the program, check out the state HRRB website.